Saturday, March 29, 2008

I'm POPEYE the sailorman!

No I've got gone into sailing.
But I've always enjoy watching Popeye the cartoon in technicolor from young and I kinda missed it now.
After a long long time since I've last seen the cartoon, I finally watch bits of it at the Popeyes Chicken and Biscuits place.
For some reason, Leonard is dying to try the Popeyes outlet at the Singapore Flyer mall.
Since it's friday, he decided to have dinner there and so he call yitleong along too (since he enjoys KFC so much, this is a better choice to try).

Leonard's and Yitleong's 3 piece chicken meal.


My cajun fries, while waiting for the chicken to be fried.

Ta-da... My 2 piece chicken meal.

2 pcs chicken, hot from the counter with the milk biscuit.

The milk biscuit.

I read from forum that a lot of people who tried Popeyes like the milk biscuit.
To me the taste is so-so.
It wasn't really biscuit.
More of the combination of biscuit and bread as it's crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Tasting it plain, there's a slight salty and milky taste but overall is rather tasteless.
That's why it come with the marmalade (some orange jam thingy) but I find it too bitter and it makes the whole milk biscuit bitter.
And the more you spread it and eat, the more bitter your mouth can taste.
Even the drink after that taste bitter.

Based on location and crowd, I give it a 4/5.
Though there can be quite a crowd sometimes, but you wouldn't feel the crowd cos the place is big and rather spacious.
Together with the nice view of the Singapore Flyer just outside of the restaurant, what more can you say???

I'm Popeye the sailorman!
Pooo! Pooo!

Peiyan

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...